Monday, August 1, 2016

Recovery and gainz!

 Weeks Out: Recovery 

This week brought back around a recovery week. Also, this week brought up 90 days or exactly 3 months before the race. Unreal! Things are going so fast. I'm literally just enjoying it. Knowing right now that I am probably the fittest I have ever been in my life, and knowing that I am capable of SO MUCH more is just so very empowering. Believe it or not, this is NOT the end picture, AT ALL! I have to keep reminding myself of that every day. I'm tickled to death with where I am at, but at the end of the day, I still have 3 MONTHS left. There is really no telling where I am going to be in 3 months. One thing I do know for sure is, this heat is great. Why? Because, as coach has instilled in me, yes, you maybe walking right now to keep your heart rate in the zone, but come September when were putting on the final decorations on your build and skills, your going to be flying. Slow Summers = Fast Falls! I can't wait! 

This week was some shorter runs , but higher intensity. Basically, I got to go out and cut loose. I moved back to my normal dayshift at work, so I am back to training in the Evenings. It's something I really enjoy because its a touch cooler and I am able to work just a tad bit harder to keep up the HR in the proper zone. I always love a good challenge. Saturday was my long run. Not an Easy Run. 4 sets of 7 min in my 5k pace or a Zone 4 with 2 min recoveries. The first 2.5 sets were gravy. Nailed them. The  end of the 3rd set was a little more difficult. The 4th set was UGLY! I had my mouth open, tounge out, trying to keep my breathing regulated. Had to work to stay upright with a core activated. Had to literally talk to myself outloud . But, I got through it. and once i did and cooled down, i felt like a badass! Little progress everyday ! 

Strength this week was upper body. I gotta say I look forward to recovery weeks because i do like to lift some heavy sh$# occasionally. This week offered it to me.  So a story for you. I was in the gym, and honestly just going through the motions. Got to mingeling with some of the body builders in there talking about this and that. They saw me working a set or 2 after them and literally told me, look your being a P**** Knock that Sh&& off and do work or else! Message taken. I promptly had a bench set I had to knock out. So I was like Screw it, lets get the big dog weight out. So I loaded up a 100 lbs and promptly banged out a set of 12 reps farely easy. Looking back, I could have done more. Trust me, next time on a recovery week, if there is a set for bench, im going after 145 ! I know I can do more than 100. It looked easy on the videos I had. 


So, really that was about it. This week is back to a build. Its also the last build cycle before the 10 week mark and we welcome a lot of different things in. Really excited for that stage. Its like okay. You survived the first 2 stages of hell, welcome to the 3rd lol! Lots of running is on tap this week. first back to back runs on tired legs. Really welcome the challenge it is going to present. 

So really that is it for this week. 

Until next week: 

From one "Idiot" to another : 

John 
-IRC #2148-


No comments:

Post a Comment