Monday, August 22, 2016

11 Weeks: Recovery

Weeks Out: Good Ole Recovery 

Goodness, I can't tell you how relieved I was for this past week. The last couple weeks seemed to drag on an on, but I made it again. Kept pushing and kept grinding. 

This week was some shorter runs during the week. This was one of the odd weeks, so I did all my running over here on the trails near where I work to keep my body guessing. I felt decent all week. Tuesday things clicked. I was able to lay down a solid 3-mile run. The best thing is, I STAYED STEADY THE ENTIRE TIME. I never broke from my tempo at all during those 3 miles . It left me so happy and pleased. Its very rare that I cry over a run , but I did have tears in my eyes after that one. Just a solid run. Wednesday I was in the gym, and had a little fun with the upper body. I did try out one set on bench at 145. If I was a lifter , and in competition, there is NO WAY that lift counts. LOL! 

Saturday was a mind game. Recovery weeks are normally a little shorter, but were getting into serious time here, so I had 12 miles. It rained at least 3x while I was out. I had to keep a nutrition journal all day as we are now working on the long run fueling plan for the race. Plenty of time to get this ironed out. Honestly I felt great Saturday. Steady as a rock. However, once I got home and got the data uploaded, I noticed my HR was outta whack. At first I really wanted to beat myself up over that, but then that lil voice from coach came into my head, step outside, look in, see what was going on. After that, It really did look like a solid run to me. Just need to pay attention a lil closer to the HR . Learning moment. 

Overall I had a restful week. The final week of the olympics was this past week, so a part of my rest this week was watching the races and then learning from the athletes. If you know what your looking at and understand it , there are tons of things to be learned in each event. It really is a very neat sport. 

So , here we are . Crunch Time . 10 weeks to go. Speed work starts to come into play this week for the rest of the way. It also begins to get tiring mentally, so I really have to focus in and keep pushing forward. Also, no more routine so to speak. Its gonna be different each week. Start having some back to back runs as well . This week brings up 15 miles. The furthest I have ever gone. I am nervous. But like coach tells me, stay in the day your in. Stay in the mile your in. It will go better that way. And she's right . So that is what I intend to do. 

Until next week: 

From One "Idiot" to another- 

-John-
IRC #2148

No comments:

Post a Comment