Monday, August 15, 2016

12 Weeks out: An Increase in Volume

 Weeks out: An Increase in Volume:


So this week was 12 weeks out. It was the end of a build and also marked an increase in mileage this week. This was the highest single week total I have had up to this point for miles. 

Things seem to go fairly well. Monday I went out and had a great run. Just a zone 2. But it was so nice and cool, and I was able to turn loose in a z2 and just go. I felt amazing. One of those runs that you just really enjoy. I never struggled or anything. Just a great trip out. Tuesday of course was strength day for the legs. The workouts never get easier, you just get better. Really pushed myself to the absolute max on every set of every rep. As strength training decreases some in volume as the miles increase, I have to make sure I am getting the max effect. It was a solid workout. Wednesday I was out for 3 miles. Just a quick little jog. It felt kinda off, but there again, that is normal after the leg work I had . Thursday was 5 miles. I got a new watch. I took it out for the first time. I gotta say, it was so nice to have an accurate display of data. I discovered on my Monday run that my fitbit was like a tenth to two tenths off . Unreal. So funny story, my hr monitor wouldn't work. when i got home i looked into it, and it was a battery. Dummy. LoL! Friday was core work day. Only took me 15 min but it was brutal hurt to laugh after. lol! 

Saturday, lets talk. HAHAH! Saturday was 10 miles. I went up to Seqoyah hills. The first 5 were ok. They were steady. By mile 5 i was dead. Beat. It had been a long 2 weeks. I knew i had to finish but it was hot i was drained and i had nothing left. I leaned on my team and they picked me up and gave me the energy to finish. 2:45 for 10 miles. Not by any stretch my best but at least i kept going and finished. 

So literally that was my week in a nutshell! 


Finally! This week is a Recovery week. FINALLY! I am dead. My legs are def feeling last week. I need this BAD! I plan to take advantage of EVERY SECOND of it. AHHH! Lower miles, some upper body , but yet a mind game Saturday as I go 12 miles! Life is grand. 

So thats it for this week. 

Until next week- 

From one "Idiot" to another 

John 
IRC #2148 


No comments:

Post a Comment