Monday, July 25, 2016

Build Cycle 4 Complete

: Another Build on the books 


So, this past week was the 2nd part of the build block rotation. My builds are normally 2 weeks in duration and then I get a recovery week. This week looked similar to last week. I had Glute, Hip and IT Band Strength Training this past week along with Core work. By the time I got to Friday, I was feeling it pretty well, and was pretty tired. Part of my core instructions said do this, and then repeat. Up to 4 sets. My plan going in was to do all 4 sets. I warmed up and got with it. But, for some reason, when I got through the 2nd set I was feeling it pretty well. In a moment of weakness, I threw in the towel after doing the minimal required sets. If you know me at all, you know that normally I get every rep I can in . But for some reason,  I gave in. It wasn't till after I had a quick convo with coach after I was already stuffing my face, that I realized that was a mental block that I just gave into. I could have kicked my own tail right then. But, I moved on from it. Rest assured when I see that particular workout again, I will be pushing through that mental block. 

Run wise, I had a good week. It was definatley hot this week here. Were talking upper 90s . So I was forced to again slow the pace way down in order to keep the HR in the appropriate range. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in speed, and it plays to my disadvantege. So, to curtail this, I took a strip of black tape and put over everything except the distance and the HR. So I couldn't see anything else. We call this putting the "Leash" on. Because of this I had some great training runs I really nailed this week. 

Saturday I was supposed to go to the mountains for my long run, but at the last min things changed. So I was already up and ready to go run, so i left out on my normal route around at the house. I got to experience this beautiful sunrise on my run. It was georgeous. And I had a great run to close out the week. 



This next week is a recovery week for me. So, I get to do a little speed work along with some upper body stuff in order to let the legs recover. Gotta say, This is one that I am totally looking forward to as I was pretty tired by the end of Saturday. 

So with that being said... 

Until next week- 
From one "Idiot" to another- 




John 
IRC #2148 

No comments:

Post a Comment