Monday, November 20, 2017

TOP 100

Back at it again! Saturday, I lined up for the Secret City 5k. I strongly considered running the half again this year, but due to the INCREDIBLE season I have had, I am tired and decided to play it smart and just run 5K. I had actually woken up really late and had to rush out of the house. Thankfully everything was ready to go , so as I soon as I was dressed and made my gen u can and bcaa's I headed out. Breakfast was Gen U Can only. I was experiementing today with a little different fueling strategy.

I got there with time to spare and just relax in the truck. It was a warm but chilly morning. It really felt good out. I got out to walk over to start getting ready, and ran into my fellow eagle , Ryan! I was excited to see her and honestly , it helped keep me really calm. I just stood around chatting till I had to head down to get ready. 

In the shoot, I felt really good. Nothing major no anxiouness. Just at peace. Was just going to go run. I kicked on my music and I had some really good tunes so that helped. My mind was just to relax and let whatever happened happens. My goal was there was no goal. Just to go run. For the first time in ages, I secretly didn't have any goals but to start and finish.

When we left, I really tried to focus on controlling my breathing, and staying slow but steady. As I headed down the road, I caught glempse of Ryan. I was already settled into a nice cadence and striding along. So relaxed that I actually was able to smile and wave at her. I could tell early on I was on good form. Mile 1 and 2 came and went before I knew it. I glanced at the watch and was incredibly happy. I was like if I push now, I can pr, but na, i'm not gonna blow up right here and regret it. So I just continued along.

Coming back in, I decided I was gonna put in a hard finish. So as we came back to the final straight , I really kicked it in. I was rolling. I managed to finish in 34:50. Thats about a 1:20 shy of a PR. To just relax and run, I was tickled. I picked up my medal , and then proceeded to regain myself. I was slightly dizzy from pushing sooooooo hard the final 400m. I left it all out there. I then picked up my results and texted coach  We were both very very pleased with how strong this had came out . 

It wasn't until I got my results that I realized, OH SHIT, I scored not 1 but 2 big accomplishments: A) top 10 a.g. (7th) B) Top 100 (99th to be exact) . I couldn't have been any more elated. I may have even said F yeah several times! LOL!

After the race and calming down, Ryan came back to check in on me, and we got the obligitory photo together before both of us split. I am not going to lie, it was a great run Saturday. 




So, after all of this this year, the ups and downs, it comes down to this. 1 final race this year before I fully embrace the off season, take a week off, and then hit the weight room and get ready for next year. Goals are going to be moving a different direction. These goals have a ultimate end point which I will announce eventually. Its going to be a 2 year build up to it, but its going to be fun and a different adventure. So, I will get into that more during the off season. 

So, that's gonna do it for now. 

Till next time..... 

From one "Idiot" to another
John Rausin
-IRC #2148




No comments:

Post a Comment