Monday, November 6, 2017

Man Run 10K Recap

Man Run

Yesterday, once again, I took the start line of another race. Don't ask me what # this is , I have lost count. But, yesterday was a 10K. This race is to raise funds and awarness for prostate cancer research. I ran in honor of my papaw , AC Duncan, who fought and survived the disease. 

It was a warm Sunday afternoon, about 75 out. I had just watched the NYC Marathon before heading up yesterday, so my competive jucies were flowing. Once I got my stuff, got suited up, I decided I would warm up and stretch really well for a nice run. I took about 10 min and just did some loops and got ready. Even right before the start , I was still stretching and loosening. 

Once the gun sounded we were gone. It was a flat start then a HUGE downhill. Then, after that a little flat, and then right back up a huge hill. I knew coming in this wasn't going to be a easy run. I was tired and this was a tough course. 

By the end of mile 2 I was cooking and moving right along. I remembered i needed to turn off the pacer on my watch , so I did that , then I just hid the stupid thing. I didn't need that pressure. 

Mile 4 my stomach started flipping on me. Like just why. By 4.5 I was sick at my stomach and very very warm. Very! The course was great, but the hills were just unrelienting. By mile 5 I was down to walking with some pickups sort of like a shakeout. Once I finally got to the finish line I was just happy to be there. I felt ill and just wanted it done. The run had been brutal in the wide open heat and with a ill stomach it just made it that much worse. But it was done. I finished and that was what mattered. 

It took a little bit of time before I was ready to walk to the car, and head home. But it felt good to have another one under my belt. 



So, this next weekend, I will be off. Then, back to the line for 2 consecutive weeks then Finally , at long last, OFF SEASON. I do have some goals for off season, but I will get into those later on . 

So, until next time- 

John Rausin
IRC # 2148 



No comments:

Post a Comment