Monday, July 11, 2016

17 Weeks out: Recovery and all that jazz.

Weeks out: Recovery

So, here we go. 17 weeks away. This is getting REAL YO! Coming off of last week, I left you all with the race recap. So, after setting a new PR in my 5k, I was very excited. This week was a recovery week. I was kinda like meh, but I knew I needed it. 

What I didn't expect was how badly I needed it. I totally left everything out there last Monday. The hardest I have ever run. This week was a lighter week in terms of workouts. I had some yoga tossed in there, which really showed me just how slack of a job that I had been doing with my foam roller. I never expected to get that big of a wake up call. But, thats what happens when you listen to your body occasionally. It will actually talk to you if you just take the time to quiten your mind and let yourself be still. Its awesome! So that was kind of a big thing was that I need to do a TON better with a foam roller. Dually noted. Dually noted. LOL! 

Run wise, I was given a couple of shorter, low intensity runs. About the time Thursday hit, I was ready to be back on the roads. It felt good to just get a couple miles in. Thursday , I also had my physical at the doctors. When I came out, just walking on the sidewalk, my stupid ankle tried to roll again. I first thought it had, but in the end, due to knowing exactly how to care for it, I was able to avoid any setback at all. Kudo's to coach for teaching me that self care is soooo important. Period. 


Then, there was this silly game that came out that flashed me back to my childhood, Pokemon GO! I sware, its gonna be the death of me. Lol! Instead of relaxing Sunday, I wound up walking all over the place chasing these stupid little characters around. LOL!  

In all reality, that was about it for this week. Kind of a lower key week just getting the legs back under me after a great July 4th race! 


So, this coming week marks 16 weeks. This is the place where if you use a outta the box training plan, that you would realistically buckle down to get ready to go. Makes me so thankful for my team and my plan that I am ahead of the curve. The plan this week is for another good solid build cycle. Lots of strength work on the lower body and core, and some good solid runs. Really looking forward to it. I have to honestly say my mind is at the point where it wants to put in some bigger distances. I never thought I would say it, but I welcome the day when I see 13 + on the calendar for a long run. Its challenging, and its kinda wierds me out, but as long as I stay in the moment and take it 1 day at a time, with the support I have around me, it will all be just groovy. 

So, thats about it. 

Until next week- 

From one "Idiot" to another

-John- 
-IRC #2148-



No comments:

Post a Comment