Thursday, March 2, 2017

Taper: A tale of Madness


So, as we come back. I have been kinda silent because well, there isn't much going on really. A week ago this coming weekend, I had my last big run of 15 miles that went pretty well. I had been dealing with some knee soreness, and strongly considered not doing it. But I taped my knee, and went out . Once i got going, it was just natural to finish. Easy no , but done is done. 

I spent time last weekend cleaning up the house and starting to formulate what to take with me. Were 9 days away from the half and 10 from the full as of today. This week has had a few runs here and there of shorter duration, but nothing major. All about teaching me to be OK with not Being OK. Its one of those mental games. Once you get out of your head, its really OK. 

So, this pattern will continue until race day. I envision some very brief runs next week and that will be about it. I will have a shakeout on Friday at the race venu and then it will be go time next Saturday Morning. Rest assured, I will blog my experience with a full race report. 

So , until then

John 



No comments:

Post a Comment