Monday, March 6, 2017

One Day at a Time

One Day at a Time 

So, here we are. Finally. Race Week. After everything that has gone on this block , I have made it . Race week.  Normally, this last week and this week, I become very anxious. However, this time has been different. I really have nothing to loose this go around. I am very relaxed . Everything has been gone over. My nutrition is there. I know EXACTLY what I am eating and when. I have my on course nutriton timed out. To the point, ill write it on my hand in sharpie the morning of. That way I don't have to do math. Its simply matching numbers and injesting whats appropriate. I know what I am wearing. I have prepared for all situations. I am more than ready to do this. 

Honestly, this is probably the most relaxed i have been ever going into a race. Normally I get very tense, and don't sleep well the week before. I have been getting solid sleep. Everything is setting up nicely. 

I leave out Thursday afternoon. We race Saturday for the Half & Sunday for the full. I am fully aware that I am going to have to check out of my own head on Sunday. It's going to hurt. There are no questions about it. Once I ignore the pain, then I can keep the fuel going and keep moving. 

I have yet to pack as I am planning on starting that Wednesday night after work. Ill pack all morning Thursday before I leave out. 

So, really that is about it. 

Next week I will have full race recaps of both races. 

So , until then... 

TIME TO DO EPIC SHIT! 










John 
IRC # 2148


No comments:

Post a Comment