Monday, October 3, 2016

5 Weeks: RECOVERY

Weeks: Recovery 

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, it came back around to recovery. Hard to believe this is the last one of these that I will see in build. The finish line is clearly insight. Things are starting to fall right into place. Progress is definatley happening. 

Monday I was off. I went to the gym and foam rolled and then hit the hot tub. I was still pretty sore from Last Saturdays big 20 and needed to get my legs back under me . Tuesday, I had what I can only describe as an euphoric run. I could do no wrong. It was 5 miles easy with 5 strides. So, in non runners terms, don't go all out, but do use some effort here and there. I never intended to have this happen, it just did. I felt incredibly strong going out. I went over by the lake and I let loose. I never pushed. I kept it well controlled. I finally relaxed and my body just cruised. I put in 5 solid miles. All under 13 min miles, and the fastest was the last at 11:35 or so. I was jacked. Man, was I jacked. talk about an endorphin high! Wednesday was mess with my head day. I had leg strength day. I was like what is this all about. HA! Got in there and absolutely crushed it. Best form I have ever had. Best balance. It just worked out. Unreal. I think I was still rolling off that endorphin high the day before. Thursday, I had what would be my longest run this week at 7 miles in z2. Honestly, i felt great. Yep, I was sore and the first 3 or so felt off, but I kept trucking. It all smoothed out for another good run. I covered it in about 1:41. Thats about 5 min or so quicker till when I used to have to run 1:45 as a time run. So I was pretty stoked. Friday I was off. Mowed the yard. Got off the legs. Saturday I had planned to sleep in since I had a fun activity but my body was like no. I was wide awake at 3. WTF. LOL! I did fall back asleep till about 8. Then I went out for Pokemon hunting with friends. Yes, I do have the best coach Ever who assigns things like this time to time. But the key is, I put in the work, and I get little rewards like this. Yesterday I was off. Time to relax . Honestly, that was it. Nice Easy week. It was nice. 


This week, we go back to build. This is it. The final countdown. This week will be a long week full of the usual. It's capped by my 2nd go around with 20 and then I get to take part in a 5k for the last 3 miles. Nope, not racing, just gonna use it as a way to break up 20 miles and then also to just see how I handle that Adrenline kick at the end and see how i can control it. I know I am in trouble if I get outta hand, and I sure don't want that, so this should be fun. Gives me something to spice up 20. So, its gonna be a fun week. Make games out of it. Be the best you can at each day . One day at a time . Thats it. 

So, until next week-

From one "Idiot" to another

-John-
-IRC #2148-

No comments:

Post a Comment