Monday, October 10, 2016

4 Weeks: The final Countdown

 Weeks: The Final Countdown 

Wow! So here we are . This close. I can smell taper in the air. Its coming. I just need to hang tough for one more week. Physically I am like a machine. I'm purring on all 8 cylinders at top performance. Everything is working perfectly. Mentally I am there as well. This past week was a big mental week for me. As everyone knows, I put my heart and soul into this whole thing. So, its no surprise that I am really tired mentally. I'm ready for taper. Ready to rest, get everything back to its full potential, and give it hell come the 30th. I have a goal in my head as to what I think its doable in, but I don't want to share that yet. Let me take you back through the week that was. I actually had to go back into my calendar and look at it. Normally, I can rattle it off, but for some reason, this week, it was like what did I do. LOL! 

Monday I was off. Yes, I know I was off last Saturday and Sunday, but Monday it felt amazing to be able to come in and lay down and just REST! Period. and thats EXACTLY what I did. REST . 

Tuesday, lets talk. LOL! I went crazy a bit. I did it to myself . I woke up and packed lunch as normal. But, come lunch , I wanted nothing healthy. NOTHING. I wanted crap. So, you know what , I ATE IT. ALLLL OF IT. Cookies, Pizza, more candy, more sugar. ALL. ATE IT! Then, I had a 5 miler. Ya know, the 5 miler was kinda rough at first, and settled down. Guess what, I did it to myself. Am I proud of it, NO! Was it worth it, eh, debatable. LOL! But, I did make it happen. Really was in no mood to run, but made it happen. Not the best , but by far not the worst. 

Wednesday was gym day. Core and hips with a little bit of cardio. I really felt like I kicked ASS Wednesday. I really felt pretty damn strong. Mentally, still tired. Realized that, and explained it to coach. She was very proud of how I could step out of my way, and understand what was going on. Very cool moment. 

Thursday, 6 miles with 4 at a upper z3. When I went out, to warm up I had 1 easy mile. I had in my head 1 at z2, 3 at z3 upper, and 1 at z2 to cool down. But the math didn't make sense. Note: I never was good at math. I HATED MATH ! So, I checked, then like crap , 4. Ok. Gotta do this. I was about dead around mile 3, when break stuff by limp bizkit came on. Well ok then. Back to crusing I went. Finished it off with a nice solid run. Pretty good day out. 

Friday i was off. Again, more rest. 

Saturday, the 20 miler attempt 2 with a 5k. The plan was to get up at 3 , be out by 4. DO 17, come home, grab the stuff, and go do the 5k to end. Well, that didn't happen. You see I slept in even with alarms till 4. NO biggie. Up, breakfast , dressed, stretch , warmup , drop water, out the door by 5. At the start it was so muggy, but the further I went the cooler the temps. By daylight I was at 7 miles, I knew I needed to get home for the 5k. So, the decision was made, first 10 on the road. Then home for 3 on the treadmill. Anyone who knows me knows I LOATHE a treadmil. But It came in handy. The first half marathon was good . Nice and solid. 

Then I got off, got ready, and went for another .8 of a mile run to registration for the 5k. After I registered, I knocked out another mile. So were sitting at 14 by the 5k . At this point, I was tiring. The adrenline helped to get me through. Ran my race in the 5k. Came home with a 4th place AG. The guy who took 3rd , I ran with the whole time, he would go ahead, then I would. If I would have known, I might have kicked and gotten my medal, but that wasn't the objective. Just to put the miles in and break the monontiony. It was a good race. Best swag bag I have gotten in a while. LOL! 

After I got done, that put me at 17, so I had 3 to go. I slowly ran, jogged, and walked the last 3. By this point I was exhausted. Everything hurt. I got it done though. 

Overall 20 Saturday was GRAND! I needed that. Earlier in the week, I thought I was nuts for asking for 20 again. I even considered trying to get it dropped to 17. But I fought and made it happen. Period. It was a GREAT DAY!

Sunday, I was off. I basically slept off and on all day. 

So honestly, a long week, but a GREAT WEEK! 

So this coming week is 3 out. The final week of Build. Coach already has me in a mindset of relaxing. All the hays in the barn. Its time to lock it up and get the weaponry ready for war. This week will be another Huge build. I am not sure how I am going to survive at this point. Everything is becoming a blur. But one day at a time. One moment at a time. One green box at a time. Thats it. My week will conclude next Sunday with a Half in Chattanooga that my sister and her husband will be there to witness . It will be the first time I have had support on the course and at the finish line. I can't  wait. Next to MCM, this is the most excited I have been ALL YEAR for a race. My instructions are a Z2 Effort. So, I am going to latch into the 3 hour pace group for the half and see how that feels. Plan to stay with them right there, but if I get tired, Ill pull back . So, thats really whats going on. 

So, until next week- 

From one "Idiot" to another 
 
John 
-IRC #2148-

No comments:

Post a Comment