Monday, September 12, 2016

8 Weeks Out: Recovery

 Weeks Out: Recovery 

This past week was 8 weeks out. Slowly but surely we are getting there. This was a recovery week. Honestly, this seemed to be the first week where it really just drug. And I mean DRUG on and on. I was completely out of the gym this week except for Wednesday to do some yoga. This was a week where I knew it would be lighter, but let me tell you, at this point, sometimes the lighter weeks are tougher. Because your body is in that mindset and when you slow it down its like what are you doing to me. 

The runs this week were nice and solid. Tuesday was 4 miles with strides, which basically  meant treat like a fartlek. No set structure, just don't take it all out. Tuesdays run was nice and solid. Thursday I had 6 miles with 3 of those in a upper z3 where my conversation would become choppy. Funny thing is , when I calculated this in K's I was like 9.77 I was like OH NO, were going 10k. Now , for the record , I have never claimed math to be my strong suit. And it showed that day because I even overshot 10k. LOL! Friday I was off. 

Saturday was my long run, as coach deemed it "Sweet 16" . I had delt with some things this past week that left me essentially drained emotionally. I tend to internalize things and deal with them my own way. I was planning to wake up at 4 am and get this in. However, I woke up and was just drained. On empty. I rolled over. woke back up at 645 . Decided nope, not today. Sent the email to coach, and then rolled over with the plan to go back to sleep. Half hour later I am wide awake, and am like , you know , the best way to deal with this crap is to do this. So , I got up, ate, made my water drops, geared up and set out. 

The first 9 were great. Nice and steady and decently even splits. Then the wheels started to woble. I had bought new shoes a half size bigger and they began to bother me. Then from where i was harboring so much stress and trying to internalize it, I began to tense. By mile 12 I was over it. I wanted to pull the plug so bad. But I carried on. Mile 13 I lost my emotions. I Just let them flow. Which helped oh so much. So cleansing. I decided I would do just what was needed to get me home. I was hurting on my feet so much it was almost impossible to run . By then it was upper 80s outside anyways and when I did try to get into a z2 rythm, everything would start spazzing . Before you say anything, I had had my nutrition every 90 min and was also through 7 bottles of water by this point. It wasn't pretty but I stayed out and got it done. took me allmost 4 hours for 16 but that wasn't the point. The run this week was my friend. There when I needed it the most. 

So , overall this week, it was a long week, but a good week. Yes I am extremely tired. Yes, I am going to bed earlier than I ever have now But these are all pieces of this puzzle that are coming together at the right time. 

This week we roll back into a HUGE build. This is the next to the last build rotation. So, these next 2 weeks are going to be CRITICAL to finishing the right way. Every rep, every mile, etc will be so important. 

So, that's about it for this week. 

Until Next week, 

From one "Idiot" to another 


John 
IRC #2148


No comments:

Post a Comment