Monday, September 19, 2016

7 Weeks: Breakthroughs

 Weeks: Breakthroughs 

7 Weeks out. Finally started to feel it this week. For some reason, almost on cue, I became extremely ornery. Also, This week was the first week where I was so . flipping. tired. Some nights, instead of my training, I wanted to come in from work and SLEEP! But, were this close, and I have yet to miss a single workout, so I stayed with it. 

One of the biggest hassels we will address right now was my shoes. I am so damn picky. I don't like my feet to hurt. Period. I started last week switching shoes out. They didn't work. So I went back Monday, got a different pair. They didn't work. Finally, decided I would try a different model all together. One with less stability support. Well, they were fine, but too small and my feet blistered when they swelled Saturday during my run. So, I took them back. All I wanted was the same shoe that I had before that I called my "Magic Pair". Somehow, I got really fortunate , and they had 1 pair left in my size. Funny thing is, I really had to talk myself into them because I had moved on mentally to a different shoe. But I can say without a shadow of a doubt, I have made the right choice. 

This weeks trainings were probably one of the most solid weeks I have had yet. Monday was an EVIL , Twisted  workout from the brain of my coach. As challenging as It was, it was also quite fun. EXCEPT at the end. 2 sets of 15 Bulgarian Split squats. After I had ripped through the others. Let me be honest. I work fast. I take little rest to none between sets. Why you ask. Its real easy for me to get slack. I figure , If I can learn to push when I am tired at a high tempo, then twoards the end of a Marathon, I can bring the closing power in. So, its more conditioning for me. 

Tuesday was a HUGE day for me. Right after Leg Strength I had a progression run. You know when you open it up and it says "THIS IS NOT AN EASY RUN" Your in for it. However, I felt pretty damn solid. I flew over a hill that is placed in a spot where it hurts at home. Just cruised over it. Really happy with how it went. Was I tired and out of breath, you bet ya. But it got done. 

Wednesday was Chest and back Day. I had a hell of a time getting home due to traffic and errands, so this was a late night session at my home gym. Really had a lightbulb too. Lighterweights are killer for endurance. Sometimes, as men, we get so testostrone driven and we want to throw beasty amounts of weights up. But if you drop your weights, and focus on FROM (Full Range of Motion) & form, then you are able to get a hell of a pump and a workout. I used 5's and 10s and was shaking and quivering. 

Thursday, Huge HUGE day! Breakthrough day. Same run as a week ago. Shaved about 35 seconds off my average pace. WHY? Because I am staying dedicated. Trying to get better each day. Focusing. Getting it done. Its showing. Proof is in the puding. Again, frustrated by the shoe issue, but still brought it home. 

Friday was off

Saturday was 18 miles. I played loopty loop in loudon. LOL! Coach sent me an AMAZING video to get me going. I actually forgot it till I was on the road a couple miles in, which worked perfectly. I really enjoyed it. I never planned this but it happend. 18 is the cut for the marathon. You have 4 hours to clear it. which is a 14 min per mile pace. I finished all 18 in 4 :12 with 2 stops so literally I cleared it in 4 hours. I just cleared the time checks in a ZONE 2 . which is so much slower than what I will run at. So, any issues I thought i might have just got errased. No doubt now. 

So, it was a rather long week. I am tired as I write this even after resting yesterday. Part of the game though. 


This week is another huge week for me. Finally, after waiting and guessing when it would show up, its here. The time is upon us. 20 miles is the distance Saturday. Gonna be an early start due to football, but it will get done. 

So , thats about it. Good solid week . Loaded down the barn with some more hay. Gonna burn it down to nothing once I get done. HA! 

Until Next week, 

From one "IDIOT" to another


John 
-IRC #2148- 




No comments:

Post a Comment