Monday, May 23, 2016

24 Weeks Out: Let the MADNESS begin.....

 Weeks Out: 

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!!!! 

So, we pickup this week with the first "Official" Recap of the 24 week countdown or "BUILD" period towards D.C. 

This week was all about being cautious, but getting back to work. I was FINALLY able to hit the roads again. Things were a little bit off of schedule due to some things going on, but I still made sure to get my workouts in. 

The Shoes, OR NOT??? 

I was so ammped up to get out there Tuesday. I had new shoes, and it was so great to be back ! I hit the road, and honestly got a little misty eyed for a few moments. I was so glad to be back. It was a hour 15 min run and my loop honestly only took me like 55 min. so i had time to kill. So I started a portion of a 2nd. I noticed my feet were killing me . Didn't know why. When I got home, I discovered, a nasty blister, seen below caused by these things. GRRR. I wish sometimes shoe fittings were so easy. lol! So, these bad boys were a NO GO! Back they went!!! 



The Duck Waddle (LOL!)
Wednesday night, oh boy. I had one of those workouts. LOL! The thing left me so sore. I kid you not. It was a hips and glutes workout with some cardio. I have never been that sore in a while. Considering it was my first week back, I wanted to feel it a bit, so I didn't take my BCAA's. Boy did I feel it. I think I finally started walking normally around 4 or 5 the next day. LOL! 



The Weekend Run

So, after returning my Hoka's , I decided on these bad boys , Brooks Special Edition (of course, lol) 
Saturday was my long run, and a day chocked full of sports and I couldn't wait. I got up, fueld up, and made my water drop at the turn around point, and got out there. 

Things went absolutley beautiful! It did rain shower on me for a bit, and darn, that felt amazing too. I was prepared for it so no worries there. Just slowed the tempo a bit, and made sure to protect in case of slick spots. I reached the turn and retrieved my water, and then came home. In just a little under 2 hours I made it 7.55 miles. I loved every.freaking.min. out there. The shoes were a perfect fit. No doubt about it. 


So really, thats about it for last week. Everything went grand. Just so tickled. 


So this week, it's all about a taper (again, LOL) for prep for Saturday's Knoxville Expo 10K on the 100 block. This is a course I know well, and had the most consistent trip on last year. I PR'D here (a record that still stands today) . Although, I know I won't be chasing a PR (if it happens, it happens, but I won't be pushing it) I am still more than excited to get out there, especially knowing that just a week or so ago, this one was highly doubtful. It just goes to show you what proper self care and recovery can do for you. Anything is possible ! ANYTHING!!! 

So that's all I have got for this week. 

Until Next time- 
From one "Idiot" to another 

John 
-#2148 

No comments:

Post a Comment