Monday, October 9, 2017

Cross Knox 15K Shakeout



This past Sunday, I had the chance to get back on the starting line for another race this year. This was the Cross Knox 15K It was a point to point race from The Morningside Park back to Bearden Elementary school via the greenways. As fate would have it , I have seen these roads more than a few times. 

The weather was not desirable. Muggy , Rainy, humid. MOIST. All of it. But what had to be done had to be done. This was the last chance to make sure all systems were go before Next weekends A RACE. 

Started out hot. Wanted to turn a hard mile or 2. Then the heat really set in. It got so bad I took off my hat and threw it in my pocket. When the cold win blew in , it felt great. But during the heat, when it was raining, holy crap dude. It was miserable. 

By about mile 4 or 5, I was done. I managed to press on 1 more mile, and caught up with a girl I had been yo-yoing the whole way. Once i caught up with her, that was it. I was 10k into the race, and knew I would make the time cut, so I went ahead and just walked it in. 

Never have I been so glad to be in. I was hurting ALL OVER. Everything was sore, tight, and just brutal. But, the run was in the books, and that is all that it needed to be. It was feet time. 

Now, to rest, and prepare for the A RACE next weekend. I have worked so hard to get here. 230, your day with the devil is coming. Prepare to meet your maker. 

Until Next time- 

John 








IRC # 2148 

No comments:

Post a Comment