Tuesday, November 15, 2016

NOW WHAT?!?


(Authors Note: If you missed my 2 part Re-Cap of my MCM, you can find those blog posts here : Part 1: http://krendurance.com/uncategorized/guest-blog-kr-endurance-athlete-john-rausins-marine-corp-marathon-race-recap-his-first-marathon/    Part 2: http://krendurance.com/uncategorized/guest-blog-kr-endurance-athlete-john-rausins-marine-corp-marathon-race-recap-part-2/)


So , I have received a lot of questions of NOW WHAT? LOL! Truth be told, I have know since about 10 weeks to go that there was more on the docket. LOL! But just decided to be cool and enjoy the journey. 

The last 2 weeks I have had recovery weeks. The first week I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Except a world tour with my medal, sleeping with it every night (Not joking, at all) , and just spending time relaxing . Of course I did foam roll some, but not as much as I should have. I was recovering. LOL! I did manage to go out for a walk one day because I was just antsy, but that was it. 

Last week was full of yoga and recovery runs/walks. Coach got a good laugh at my hatred of the assigned yoga. i think i griped the WHOLE TIME! lol!

As to what is next... 



I am going to be running a 5k This Sunday, and a 10K Sunday. Then , in December, I am running a final Half Marathon. Each of these are just to enjoy the sport and have fun. 

In terms of a big picture goal, oh were already working on that. The countdown clock has started again. In March, I will be going to Biltmore. I will be running in the backyard to vineyard challenge. The challenge consists of BOTH a Half Marathon on Saturday, and A full Marathon on Sunday. So 39.6 miles in 48 hours. Tough? HELL YES! Doable, ABSOLUTLEY! Because I have THE GREATEST team, The Greatest COACH in the world, and a whole hell of a lot of support. 

So next week, you will get a 5k Report from this Saturday along with a little recap from this weeks workouts . 

So until Next week- 

From One "Idiot" to another
-John-
-IRC #2148


No comments:

Post a Comment